Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel

This call by Peter Gabriel was revealed to me in a bit of weakness. I had heard it for years, liked it for it's musical merit, but never truly understood the measure of the lyrics. Read just the language and their obscured meaning in fall of your Christian conversion work and the deep feelings and questions you had to pass through. Review the works of the Holy Heart and how He communicates to us.

Think most how your non-Christian friends didn't truly realize the variety that was in you. It may be that this was a message meant merely for me, but I find that once revealed the substance can be applied to many of us.Solsbury Hill by Peter GabrielClimbing up on Solsbury Hill I could see the city light Curve was blowing, time stood still Eagle flew out of the dark He was something to observe Came in close, I heard a voice Standing stretching every nerve Had to mind had no alternative I did not consider the data I only had to trust imagination My heart going boom boom boom "Son," he said "Grab your things, I've come to return you home." To living in quiet I resigned My friends would believe I was a nut Turning water into wine Open doors would shortly be shut So I went from day to day Tho' my spirit was in a rut "Till I thinking of what I'd say Which connection I should cut I was feeling part of the scene I walked right out of the machinery My heart going boom boom boom "Hey" he said "Grab your things I've come to bring you home." (Back home. When illusion spin her net I'm never where I wish to be And liberty she pirouette When I believe that I am free Watched by empty silhouettes Who shut their eyes but nonetheless can see No one taught them etiquette I will read another me Now I don't take a replacement I'll say them what the grin on my face meant My heart going boom boom boom "Hey" I said "You can preserve my things, They've get to make me home."Many people think that God can simply be found on Sunday's, at church. God, revealed in the Holy Life is there beside you every minute of every day, whispering protective advice into your ear. The mystery is in our power to trickle out the noise that the world blows into our spirit and listen. This is a call on a secular radio station that spoke to me when I required to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment